Sunday 8 November 2015

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick In Black Cherry

Hi Guys,

Above everything, Lipstick is probably my favourite make-up item. I love how it can transform a look and I enjoy experimenting with different colours and brands. My preference would be for a lipstick to be dark and berry toned and since it's Autumn, these kinds of lipsticks are really in season.

I've recently been trying out 'Black Cherry' by Revlon as I discovered, from watching a Zoella vlog, that it's a dupe for Charlotte Tilbury's 'Glastonberry'.  This lipstick is renown for being one of the best for Autumn/Winter, but comes with a hefty price tag of £23.00.

'Black Cherry' was £7.99 from Super drug, a fairly reasonable price for a lipstick in a gorgeous colour.
When you first remove the lid, the lipstick itself seems scary, as it's almost black in colour. However, as you can see in the swatch below, it's a bit more sheer when applied. For darker lipsticks, I like to use a lip liner beforehand (I would recommend the Revlon Colorstay Lip Liner in 'Plum') or a lip brush, to line the lips with the lipstick itself, before applying to fill in the rest of the lip. For this lipstick, this is definitely needed, as wobbly lines will stand out a lot more than they would with a pink lipstick or a nude.
It has a creamy consistency and doesn't drag across dry lips or cling to any creases or chapped areas. I know... lovely! Ha Ha! It also lasts for a good few hours but after a maximum of 4, I like to re-apply. I'm in love with the colour and think, in photos, for events or on an evening out, this lipstick is perfect! The only problem I have with it is that the more I put on, the patchier it gets. Instead of filling in the patchy areas, it seems to just drag the product around my lips, making it harder to create a fully opaque look. This can be combated if you leave yourself time, when putting on your make-up,to keep applying, using dotting motions and a lip brush.

I would give the lipstick an 8/10.

Au revoir Mes Amis,
ThatGirlWhoBlogs


No comments:

Post a Comment