Saturday 9 January 2016

Christmas Beauty Buys

Hi Guys,

I was bought a lot of beauty items for Christmas and I've really been enjoying them. By using products that are more upmarket or from brands, I can't normally afford or wouldn't try, it has inspired me to go for quality over quantity and to seriously think through the beauty purchases I make, instead of just throwing stuff straight in my basket.

Yves Saint Lauren Touhe Eclat 
This retails for around £29 I believe and is something I have always wanted to try, but could never justify getting. It's a combination of a creamy highlight/ concealer and is designed for under the eye, on the top of the cheek bones or brow bones. For me, I like high coverage, due to feeling self-concious at times about my acne and I would say, for this product, it's leaning towards the highlighter side, rather than to conceal. However it's easy to apply and does draw brightness to my eyes. This is also a gooden for the brow bone and the inner corners of the eye, or a little strip down the nose.

                                                 

Collection Blush And Glow Pallete 
I'm surprised I haven't heard more about this product cos' it's amazing and such a steal for £3.99 at the moment! It supplies all your contour, highlight and blush needs in one! I actually bought this myself, but with money I had left over from the Christmas season. The contour is a medium matte brown, your usual contour shade, and is semi pigmented - I have definitely seen better, but for £3.99 it does the job for me. As far as pigmentation goes, its the same for the highlight - but it's still beautiful and shimmery. The blushes, however, are very pigmented! You receive two in the quad a gorgeous matte pink and a coral shade with gold shimmer.

Kiko Long Lasting Lipstick - 04 Pearly Tangerine
I got this as a gift at Christmas time and having never tried any Kiko products I was excited but nervous. It is such a turn up for the books! It's matte and stays on the lips for hours. Due to it's formulation it's not as creamy as other generic lip products, but I don't mind this. It' s a really unique colour as it isn't quite a coral as it's also pinky as well - beautiful for the spring.
Real Techniques Powder Brush
YES MY REAL TECHNIQUES COLLECTION IS COMPLETE! No, I don't have all the available brushes, but I have all the brushes I've wanted over the past few years and have a brush for everything I put on my face, which is enough for me. Like all the brushes in the collection, the powder brush is synthetic and super soft and I imagine, easy to clean. It is quite big, so makes it quick and simple to apply powder in almost one stroke.

Mac #15 Pallete - Charcoal Brown, Honey Lust, Star Violet, Cranberry 
Me and Tamzin both twinned with getting this palette at Christmas. She, lucky gal', got all 15 eye shadows. I received four, which I am extremely happy with as it meant I could receive other fantastic beauty products for Christmas, instead of putting my eggs all in one basket. It also allows me to visit mac more and enables me to build the rest of my palette up myself. Although, I am slightly jealous of Tamzin when she sends me pictures. I've only slightly tried Honey Lust and Cranberry, but decided I need to update my eye-shadow brushes if I am to get the full potential out of them HAHA! The colours are lovely to look at and seem really pigmented - I'm one happy bunny.

Nip + Fab bee sting eye cream 
I searched around Kiehls for ages, to try and find a good creamy eye cream. I didn't want anything anti-ageing (I hope I'm not quite there yet) but wanted something creamy and luxurious that would diminish the look of fatigue and puffiness, that I sometimes get around my eyes. But I couldn't justify spending nearly £30 on a small pot of something I'd never tried. In fact, I've never tried any eye cream ever! So I nipped into super-drug and hastily picked up this little Nip + Fab number! I really like it. After one night, my eyes looked brighter and the darkness underneath had certainly lifted slightly. I've continued to use it and can really feel and see a difference. It feels tighter around my eyes and it makes me feel more awake before I put on my make up.

That's all folks! Comment what you got for Christmas.
Lots of Love,
ThatGirlWhoBlogs x

No comments:

Post a Comment