Wednesday 6 January 2016

2015 Overview

Hi Guys,

I think that I owe you, my many friends, an apology. I promised you something that I, eventually, never achieved - some Christmas posts. I underestimated how busy I was during the festive period and became swamped with the visits from friends and family. A friend advised me to re-launch my blog, as it's been that long, but I like my set up and I don't think a fresh layout will deter from the fact that I've been away a while.

If you can forgive me, I hope you enjoy this post of a reflection of  some of my achievements and events 2016. I'm not sectioning them and I'm just gonna let the words, from my mind, flow freely to the keyboard - like writing a diary almost.

I came a long way in terms of my anxiety last year and whilst experiencing minor set backs, I feel like I rocketed in terms of my confidence around things that enduce my anxiety and last year managed to fly to and from Portugal without any tears or panic attacks. Flying has previously been difficult for me as I don't feel in control and don't like that I can't get off and go home if I feel uncomfortable. I also have a fear of my ear-drum bursting after seeing it happen on a flight when I was young. Sometimes, the holiday itself can prove challenging as I don't have access to the things I'm normally used to and feel immense pressure to go out every night and eat a hefty three course meal. In 2015 I did it! I flew calmly and enjoyed the holiday whilst feeling calm and relaxed the whole time.

This isn't an achievement but it is something I will endlessly treasure from the year of 2015 and that is gaining a beautiful friend in Tamzin. She is so inspiring to me and despite experiencing challenges often, she never fails to make me laugh and I believe, she is a person who doesn't know her own strength. I love having someone relate-able, yet uplifting around me. I also can't knock the support of my other friend Eleanor who has never left my side and has supported me through times, which I have found testing. She is someone who understands me better than many and I can learn a lot from both Tamzin and Eleanor.

I really valued the festive season last year and really tried to squeeze the most out of that Christmas time. I now feel lighter and happier than I ever have before and after loosing quite a lot of friends, realise that it's quality not quantity. But, I've learned to forgive easily and be more relaxed about situations that might irritate me. You may say, I'm just opening up to people disappointing me by trying to see the best in people, but no matter how I am, everyone disappoints. It's better to be happy and know I was kind and forgiving the whole way through. I'm no mother Teresa and will probably be as much of a Regina George as I was last year JOKES.

I can't wait for what's to come! Look out for a 'Christmas Beauty Buys' Saturday! It will be up I PROMISE!

Lots of love,
ThatGirlWhoBlogs xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment