Thursday 29 October 2015

Skin Solutions

Hi Guys,

A little bit like myself, my skin can be temperamental at times. Especially when it comes to 'that time of the month.' My skin type is oily and because of that, I often get a lot of spots and these can sometimes scar or take their time to heal. I've tried various products over the years, in order to combat the troubles I have with my blemishes.

I believe that a good skin care routine is the key to solving skin issues and everybody should adapt theirs to their own skin type, in order to get the best results. However, for me, I can be a tad self concious about my spots and a foundation that claims to help conceal them, will always go straight in my basket. I'm guessing that some of you readers may have blemishes that make you feel less than peachy, so I thought I'd share some miracle products, that help me with those pesky spots.

        
One hell of a name isn't it? I love this face wash and I think, that although at first glance, it may seem expensive, it's actually great value for money. It's £8 from Boots and you get 350ml of product in the bottle. It smells really fresh and invigorating and has a strong citrus scent.
I like to wet my face first, before lathering a small amount of the product in-between my fingers and then I use circular motions to take the facial wash all around my face, focusing on the T-zone, in particular. It detoxifies, polishes and purifies the skin, leaving your face feeling super clean and smooth, with pores feeling less clogged. It also helps to balance the oils in your face and as oils are one of the things that can produce spots, this little gem prevents them also. It has little pink beads of goodness in there too, so it exfoliates the skin.

Rimmel Clear Complexion Transparent Powder 
This is something I've only recently discovered and I'm warming to it really well. I think, if you have blemishes like I do, it's difficult to cover them, without your whole make up look appearing too heavy. This is a great product, in that respect, because it mattifies the skin, but is transparent so doesn't look "cakey". The powder is a bargain at £3.99! It also minimizes skin break outs. Therefore, you know that whilst you've sneakily concealed any spots or blemishes, the powder is doing some good for your skin too.


Quick Fix Facials Anti Blemish Mud Mask 
Mud masks are renown for being a god send for people with spots and this one is definitely that. It only took £2.49 from my pocket and, in return, has promised to supply me with 10 glorious facials. I think this is half-price in Boots, so if you want to get this for a steal, then I'd snap one up quick!
This is cleverly developed for people with oily and spot prone skin, so you know it's bound to work and it does! The dead sea mud helps to absorb and control oil and salicylic acid helps draw out those nasty impurities and tighten pores. Also, there is tea tree oil in there to treat spots directly and prevent possible future break outs. I use this bad boy once a week.

Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser 
At only £5.50, this amazing cleanser is a marvellous buy, with 150ml of it to have a go at. Again, it's another Tea Tree product and this one works wonders, just like the face mask. Unusually, you wet the skin with your make up still on, before rubbing in the foam, all over your face, to remove whatever you've got on. It takes all make up off, apart from eye make up because that would sting a bit! This is truly a lovely product, as it removes impurities and cleanses the skin whilst helping you to stay blemish free! It also has a tingling sensation when you massage it into the skin, so you know it's working it's magic on your face.

NO7 Beautifully Matte Foundation
Now, for one of my all time favourite beauty products! Unfortunately, I believe this is only available in the UK ,at Boots, but you may be able to find it online on E bay or Amazon. This one is £13.50. However, a top tip is that if you buy something cheaper from NO7 , or have a root around at the self checkouts, Boots do some vouchers
which offer £5 off skin care and £3 off any make up items. So, if you manage to hunt one of those down, you could pick this up for £10.50. Honestly, it's the best foundation I've ever tried and gives a medium to full coverage ,whilst controlling excess oils, for a matte finish. It has SPF 15 to protect your skin from sun damage and the formula includes Salicylic Acid to clean out those pores! I have mine in the shade Calico.


Soap And Glory -The Fab Pore Moisture Lotion 
£12.00 for 50ml
 In conjunction with the face wash, this product is fab! It shrinks pores which prevents black heads and makes areas were you have very big or open pores, feel really smooth. It also tones the skin and like most products featured on here, manages greasy T-zones. Oh and Guys ... It's blue!

Witch Blemish Stick 
You may think that this product won't work, when you first look at it, because it's a stick and it's small. I thought the same. I believed that a stick would only transfer the bacteria from one spot onto the other and spread my spots all over my face. But this is small and mighty and does truly work! When you rub a little bit of this on a spot, it really tingles and burns, but you know its working the good stuff on your skin, so bare with it. It ultimately breaks down oils and fights the bacteria that produces and stays on spots.


That was a long one, sorry Guys! I hope that this helps any of you who suffer with spots and I know it was long, but all of the content it beneficial I promise. I hope that these products work for you and your skin, but remember that beauty comes from within and spots are just a mere bump in the road, they wont stick around forever!

Bye,
ThatGirlWhoBlogs

No comments:

Post a Comment